Last year, many hemp farmers were subject to:
– Unfair sampling and testing protocols
– Unreasonably restrictive background checks
– Regulatory enforcement actions that resulted in total crop loss
– License revocations for farmers who invested heavily in our state’s effort to diversify agriculture
WV Hemp is raising money to contribute to the WV Hemp Industry and fight injustice through:
– Education (Community events throughout the state to help the industry grow and become knowledgeable)
– Outreach (Helping industry members with issues and keeping them up to date with current events and legislation)
– Advocacy ( Lobbying and protecting the rights and fair treatment of all WV hemp farmers)
WV Hemp through its continued fight for the rights of Hemp Farmers is currently opposing registration requirements for retailers of hemp products that would result in enormous regulatory costs that would create a competitive disadvantage for hemp product sales in West Virginia.
WV Hemp is requesting donations as soon as possible to help protect hemp farmers from unfair and overreaching regulations on this exciting new industry. We are grateful for any contribution you can make to the future of agriculture in our state!
DONATE HERE: https://www.gofundme.com/f/protect-wv-hemp-farmers